Unsure of how dental implants can make a difference in your mouth? We’ve got your answers!
- Do you practice solid oral hygiene? Aside from your missing teeth, your mouth should be in excellent shape to receive dental implants. This means that you practice healthy dental care, including thorough brushing and flossing with regular dental check-ups.
- Are your gums strong? Dental implants are connected to your gums, so your gums must be in great shape to receive them. If you have any symptoms of gum or periodontal disease, then dental implants might not be the best move for you.
- Are your bones in healthy shape? Dental implants need a sufficient amount of bone to support them. Therefore, if your bones are weak, you might not be able to support dental implants.
- Do you smoke? This isn’t always a dealbreaker, although those who don’t smoke tend to experience better results.
- Have you ever had oral cancer? Most people who have recently been diagnosed with or beaten oral cancer are not eligible to receive dental implants.
- Do you have the patience? Dental implants are a great solution, but they take time. Therefore, you must be patient and keep up with the necessary cleaning in order to experience the results you’re looking for.